- Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP)
- Association of University Presses (AUPresses)
- Canadian Association of Learned Journals (ACRS)
- Council of Science Editors (CSE)
- International Society of Managing and Technical Editors (ISMTE)
- Library Publishing Coalition (LPC)
- North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG)
- Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA)
- Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP)
- UK Serials Group (UKSG)
Consortial groups such as societies and associations whose membership is composed of individuals, companies, or organizations, and whose mission and membership are related to scholarly communications, may join C4DISC as members. ( Societies or associations who have publishing programs, but whose member work in other professions or disciplines are encouraged to participate as partners.) The membership year runs from July – June. C4DISC members must:
- Publicly adopt the Joint Statement of Principles
- Contribute financially to C4DISC annually per the dues schedule below.
- NOTE: For 2020 Membership Year, C4DISC will operate on a pay what you can model due to the global pandemic that has financially impacted so many organizations.
|Tier||Annual Revenue Above||Annual Dues|
|Tier 2||$ 100,000||$750|
|Tier 3||$ 250,000||$1250|
|Tier 4||$ 500,000||$1750|
|Tier 5||$ 1,000,000||$2500|
|Tier 6||$ 2,000,000||$3500|
|Tier 7||$ 3,000,000||$5000|
|Tier 8||$ 5,000,000||$7500|
C4DISC members are expected to:
- Disseminate the works of C4DISC
- Assist with fundraising and recruitment of partners and contributors
- Assist with administrative/operational functions as needed
- Within a year of becoming a member, adopt a code of conduct that is in alignment with the C4DISC Joint Statement of Principles.
- Appoint an official representative who will vote or otherwise participate in the governing body on the member’s behalf. As C4DISC membership grows, the size of the governing body may be limited, and governing body representatives will be determined by an election, with each C4DISC member organization casting one vote.
C4DISC members are encouraged to participate in working groups and are eligible to serve as working group leads/liaisons for C4DISC initiatives.
Benefits: Recognition of membership (public acknowledgement that mission aligns with C4DISC principles); have a voice in governance for the organization; be actively connected with a group that has a common DEI goal and common values.